PDA

View Full Version : lubuntu 12.10 wont install

Usx8
March 28th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Alright, when i go to install lubuntu, I get through all of the GUI boxes asking what username i want, timezone, etc. and then i get to the screen with the "see more now!" style message. After a while theres nothing but a blank screen and my mouse, which lets me click, and when i click with the right button i have all the usual options, but a plain black screen. on rebooting i find that lubuntu is NOT installed so i tried again, same deal. Then i tried to install from inside the live trial, same deal except instead of a black screen, now its the desktop, and i have all the usual desktop options (start menu, etc). Is there something im doing wrong? did i miss something? Im trying to install on a really old HP desktop (2002 I think, 700mhz processor and .5gb ram) Any help is awesome

ajgreeny
March 28th, 2013, 06:12 PM
You may have the slideshow problem that I have seen in ubiquity (the installation software program).

Boot to the live desktop of Lubuntu from your CD or USB and from that either run synaptic-package-manager and remove ubiquity-slideshow-lubuntu package or simply open a terminal and run
sudo apt-get remove ubiquity-slideshow-lubuntu to do the same thing. Now try installing again to see if it goes ahead

Usx8
March 28th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Should I install from inside the live boot or restart then try installing?

mrgs
March 28th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Better to try the alternate ISO (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Alternate_ISO).

Usx8
March 28th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Deleted the slides how and got it installed! Thanks a bunch!