PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] System crashes after last update

neandr
March 24th, 2013, 05:27 PM
After normal update procedure 4 days ago I had some system crashes. The OS is switching to text mode display and only restarting the system can be done.

Any one knowing about general problems with that updated version?

I'm runing Xubuntu with:
'Ubuntu, mit Linux 3.2.0-39-generic'

Can I supply more details about the installation to drill down the problem?

Günter

anorakgirl
March 24th, 2013, 09:54 PM
I too am having problems, as reported in this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2127997

Do you have the same entries in your syslog? A few people report the same problem on that thread, so it seems to me that the update has caused a problem. I am not a linux expert so no idea what to do about it I am afraid.

HackerFinn
March 24th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Hello. :)
In order for us to help you, could you guys, please post your xorg logs, nautilus logs, xserver logs, etc. etc?
Thank you in advance. :)

EDIT: Please use pastebin.com for your logs, as it helps in keeping the posts clean. :)

neandr
March 24th, 2013, 11:34 PM
In order for us to help you, could you guys, please post your xorg logs, nautilus logs, xserver logs, etc. etc?
Thank you in advance.

As with "anorakgirl" I'm not that much experted with LX. So a more detailed advice to find those logs would help me & you ;)
Using Catfish I'm getting 377 items, sorting the date column seems to be meaningless because it sorts with 01.01.2013 .. 31.01.2013 .. with all dates sorted by dd.mm.yyyy

Edit: just booted with 3.2.0-38 .. hope it helps.