PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Ubuntu 12.10 Black Screen

RazvanAlex
March 18th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Ok so I will start by telling you my configuration: It's a MSI Notebook (U135)
Intel Atom 450
1GB DDR II
HDD 160Gb

I keep trying to install Ubuntu using a flash drive USB but after booting nothing happens. I seem to remain stuck in a black screen with one small white line (the typing line, but not actually being allowed to type anything).

Any Ideas...?

P.S. Made my USB Stick Bootable and all that stuff... Still get the same error. I can't even get to the purple screen to select language or anything. It just doesn't boot!

Andrew Bastin
March 18th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Ok so I will start by telling you my configuration: It's a MSI Notebook (U135)
Intel Atom 450
1GB DDR II
HDD 160Gb

I keep trying to install Ubuntu using a flash drive USB but after booting nothing happens. I seem to remain stuck in a black screen with one small white line (the typing line, but not actually being allowed to type anything).

Any Ideas...?

P.S. Made my USB Stick Bootable and all that stuff... Still get the same error. I can't even get to the purple screen to select language or anything. It just doesn't boot!
Are you sure?
I had a problem of when booting it shows booting from usb device and it gets stuck there.
I solved it by using Pendrive linux installer. Get it from here (http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/).
Or, if you are convinced try using wubi.
If you want to install Quantal Quetzal via Wubi just download it.
Dude and I have not ever installed ubuntu with wubi

I got this on
Pentium 4
1 GB
Designed for Windows XP

Sorry for any typos because I am in a hurry.

RazvanAlex
March 18th, 2013, 08:11 PM
I tried Pendrive :(. I will see if wubi does any good meanwhile if anyone has any other suggestions you are welcomed to respond.

Thank you Andrew anywy! :)

Andrew Bastin
March 18th, 2013, 08:21 PM
I just updated. So please take a look above

RazvanAlex
March 18th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Ok so I did finally install it by wubi but now... it kind of seems to work... I don't know. ******. It's just very slow and non-responsive. Even worse than the XP I had on it.

I expected ubuntu to run a little bit smoother than XP... Anything that I may have missed?

Andrew Bastin
March 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Try defragmenting your drive.

Andrew Bastin
March 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM
And Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal demands more power to Video Cards.
So, please check your video cards.