PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I think this is a Windows problem

Lloydb39
March 17th, 2013, 02:14 PM
.. but can anyone help any way? I can access most folders on my Windows computer over Windows LAN from my homebuilt AMD computer that uses Ubuntu 12.04. But it won't access my Sky Drive folder on the Windows computer. Error message is I don't have permissions. I set the folder up the same way I did the others, by checking "share" on the Windows properties. The Windows forum people were no help, blaming it on Linux, even though I can't access the Sky Drive folder from my Windows laptop either. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this problem?

Frogs Hair
March 17th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Don't you need to be signed into to Windows Live via browser or mail client to access the sky drive ? I have a Live account and think a login is required unless that has changed.

Lloydb39
March 17th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Not trying to access Sky Drive on the Web from Ubuntu. I can do that. I'm trying to get to the Sky Drive folder on my Windows desktop.

Frogs Hair
March 17th, 2013, 09:04 PM
I understand that , but if the folder is synced with Live it may cause a permission problem . Example: In order to access my Ubuntu One synced folder via the Windows file manager I must have Ub One installed on Windows , If the content of that folder is moved to another user folder it can be accessed via the network , but not from the cloud connected folder.