PDA

View Full Version : GNOME 3 Bleeding Through YouTube Videos

Spirrwell
March 16th, 2013, 05:18 PM
I'm having an issue as I just installed GNOME under Ubuntu 12.04. If it isn't obvious from the picture (below) I'm using Google Chrome. I didn't have any problem with this under Unity, and the GNOME bars are bleeding through when I try to watch a YouTube video. Also, I'm having an issue with the bottom bar that appears if you move your mouse to the lower right corner. It keeps blocking me from pressing the fullscreen toggle button and I have to move the mouse slowly over there so I can click on it. Also, I can still go to the top-left corner to bring up the activities menu. It's really annoying me, and if I could fix these issues it'd be perfect.

Now if I do a Prt Scrn, the top bar will disappear. It even stops me from bringing up the activities menu. But the bottom right corner still remains a problem then. Is there anyway to fix these issues permanently? I've searched a dozen threads already but they were regarding it being a problem with flash player with fullscreen not working at all. The problem seems to be Chrome specific, but even in Firefox the problem remains with the bottom right corner. Any help?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-uE925X2h9ns/UUSYhuq6ESI/AAAAAAAAAKM/dqlufkGHWjY/s1206/Screenshot+from+2013-03-16+12%3A05%3A59.png

Frogs Hair
March 16th, 2013, 06:39 PM
This is a Chrome issue with Gnome and doesn't happen with Firefox, so you may want check the Google forum also.

Edit: Opera is fine also.

Spirrwell
March 16th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I know it doesn't happen in Firefox, I said that. BUT, the bottom bar bleeds through regardless of which browser if I move to the bottom right corner, and that's the thing that's annoying me the most. If nothing else, that is most definitely a GNOME issue. If I can solve this then sure I'll move on to a Google forum, but this seems more GNOME related to me.

Frogs Hair
March 16th, 2013, 07:14 PM
The feature that causes the bar to appear when moving the cursor to the bottom right was removed in Gnome 3.6 . I would see if there is an extension to inhibit the behavior if you are planning to use 12.04 for a while. https://extensions.gnome.org/

Spirrwell
March 16th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Upgraded to 12.10, problem solved... Lazy man's way. Hopefully Steam still works, it was the reason I was still on 12.04 for the longest time.