PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu login screen lagg

kaibsora
March 15th, 2013, 02:47 PM
my ubuntu on my external hdd lags at the login screen on my home computer running 2.25 gigs of ram. when i use my external hdd at school i get no lagg at all how do i get rid of it? btw i switched from ubuntu 32 bit to ubuntu 64 bit with no luck any help ?

ManamiVixen
March 19th, 2013, 06:43 AM
You really are not supposed to install Ubuntu to an external drive and plug it in to two different PC's. The problem lies in Ubuntu constantly reconfiguring itself whenever it's switched computers. So the lag comes down to that. Misconfigurations and drivers being tossed about. It's just Ubuntu prefers the school PC to your home's due to simpler hardware most likely. If you need a portable version of Ubuntu, make a bootable Ubuntu USB with Persistance on a 4GB or larger USB thumbdrive. That way Ubuntu can be more flexible when it comes loading drivers as it dosen't save those configurations, usually.

kaibsora
March 19th, 2013, 04:54 PM
okay so now i have 2.75 gigs of ram and i am keeping it at home but it is still laggy.

kaibsora
March 19th, 2013, 04:57 PM
why would the school computer be different and my home computer is newer anyway i took all the drives out before i installed it (the cd drives tthe sdcard reader)