PDA

View Full Version : ubuntuforums statistics

lao_V
March 21st, 2005, 01:40 PM
Hi, I was just thinking it would be nice to have some stats on this forum.

I could think of having the following at the moment:

Youngest/Oldest age
Number of members by country/location
Number of members by age
Number of new members in a month
Number of members by "how many cups of coffee they've had"
Anyone else think of anything? The "Top 10 posters" list is on the home page is really cool.

ember
March 21st, 2005, 01:57 PM
Hmm ... I have to admit that I really don't care, I like the friendly atmosphere of these forums, regardless of age, nationality or number of posts.

jwb
March 21st, 2005, 03:12 PM
Hmm ... I have to admit that I really don't care, I like the friendly atmosphere of these forums, regardless of age, nationality or number of posts.

I agree. "There are only two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intollerant of other peoples' cultures, and the dutch."

;-)

kassetra
March 21st, 2005, 06:12 PM
Hi, I was just thinking it would be nice to have some stats on this forum.

I could think of having the following at the moment:

Youngest/Oldest age
Number of members by country/location
Number of members by age
Number of new members in a month
Number of members by "how many cups of coffee they've had"
Anyone else think of anything? The "Top 10 posters" list is on the home page is really cool.

The first three probably would only happen by volunteer...
#4 is most likely possible, and
#5 - do you mean actual, physical coffee, or a listing of all members by their coffee cup rank?

lao_V
March 21st, 2005, 11:00 PM
I meant the latter one, coffee cup rank

az
March 21st, 2005, 11:26 PM
Platonic "let's just be friends" coffee.

BWF89
March 21st, 2005, 11:38 PM
I'd like to see statistics for:

-What operating system people are useing

-What browser people are useing

and

-What internet service you are useing

TravisNewman
March 22nd, 2005, 03:55 AM
I'd like to see statistics for:

-What operating system people are useing

-What browser people are useing

and

-What internet service you are useing
The only one out of those 3 that really matters is the internet service. Considering that this is an Ubuntu forum, most are going to be running Firefox in Ubuntu, and those who aren't are basically coincidental, or are thinking of using Ubuntu, or are in a different os or on a dirfferent computer.

lao_V
March 22nd, 2005, 01:48 PM
List of (maybe top 10) posts by most replies/views?

TjaBBe
March 22nd, 2005, 03:58 PM
I agree. "There are only two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intollerant of other peoples' cultures, and the dutch."

;-)

That would be me :mad: .

(Though I stick to my opinion that goldmember had more of a german accent.)

Ontopic:
I don't see the use of statistics either, why don't you start a poll, to get peoples ages? ;)

orion_114
March 22nd, 2005, 04:08 PM
I think it would be cool if we could have a hits graph. Maybe like a mrtg type graph showing the user activity i.e how many users are online vs. time. This could give us an indication as to when is the best time to be online.

jwb
March 24th, 2005, 04:47 PM
That would be me :mad: .

I'm glad *somebody* acknolwedged my clever use of quoting popular culture in reference to this topic! ;-)

Now, let's all make meat helmets and be done with it!

ubuntu-geek
March 24th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I will see what I can do to get your guy's requests in ;) ... We will be launching a Journal system much like a blog for the users on the forums as well as a gallery system for screen shots etc.. in the up coming days..

lao_V
March 24th, 2005, 04:57 PM
I will see what I can do to get your guy's requests in ;) ... We will be launching a Journal system much like a blog for the users on the forums as well as a gallery system for screen shots etc.. in the up coming days..
That sounds like a pretty good idea. Lets make this forum the best one! (although I have a feeling it might already be the best one!)

jdodson
March 24th, 2005, 07:58 PM
The only one out of those 3 that really matters is the internet service. Considering that this is an Ubuntu forum, most are going to be running Firefox in Ubuntu, and those who aren't are basically coincidental, or are thinking of using Ubuntu, or are in a different os or on a dirfferent computer.

i get TONS of hits on my personal webpage from people who click my homepage link from the forums here. i log browser and os type using a php function. quite a number of them are running firefox. ok maybe most all of them are running firefox:), however, a bit less than half are using windows that come from the forums. basically i think it boils down to people that like the ubuntu concept, have an ubuntu partition or a spare ubuntu computer, but won't make the switch for a certain feature(s) or program(s). so i think that browser/os would be a good statistic to have info on, personally.

wk1989
March 25th, 2005, 12:52 AM
i get TONS of hits on my personal webpage from people who click my homepage link from the forums here. i log browser and os type using a php function. quite a number of them are running firefox. ok maybe most all of them are running firefox:), however, a bit less than half are using windows that come from the forums. basically i think it boils down to people that like the ubuntu concept, have an ubuntu partition or a spare ubuntu computer, but won't make the switch for a certain feature(s) or program(s). so i think that browser/os would be a good statistic to have info on, personally.
I'm probably not the youngest, I'm 15.

Alessio
March 25th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Great Idea :)