PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install new theme for Cinnamon on Ubuntu 12.04

uzumakifahim
March 11th, 2013, 04:05 AM
I have successfully installed Cinnamon DE on Ubuntu 12.04. Now I want to install some themes for Cinnamon. To do that I've downloaded a specific theme from here (http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes/view/108). I have extracted the .zip file and paste the folder in /usr/share/theme folder to install that theme, but unfortunately there is now theme is showing in the control panel.:(

Please help. Thanks in advance.

ManamiVixen
March 11th, 2013, 04:12 AM
That theme is too old for Cinnamon 1.6. You have to pick from the 1.6 Certified themes.

Personally, Baldr for Cinnamon is gorgeous when paired with the Orion GTK theme. Make sure to download the 3.4 version of Orion if you want to check it out. Icon theme as a suggestion would be Faenza.

uzumakifahim
March 11th, 2013, 07:17 PM
That theme is too old for Cinnamon 1.6. You have to pick from the 1.6 Certified themes.

Personally, Baldr for Cinnamon is gorgeous when paired with the Orion GTK theme. Make sure to download the 3.4 version of Orion if you want to check it out. Icon theme as a suggestion would be Faenza.

I see, that's a good point. Actually, I was trying to give cinnamon windows 7 look (personally I don't like it,but I need that for a specific reason).

So, point is that, I can only install 1.6 Certified themes !!!