PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstall 12.04 after using windows installer... I made a mistake on install.

baltimorebytes
March 10th, 2013, 05:15 AM
I made a mistake. I have just built a new machine today. I loaded windows pro 7 64bit. I have it running just fine so I went to do the 12.04 Ubuntu with the wubi windows installer. It installed with no obvious issues except now, when I select Ubuntu from the bootup choices, the purple screen comes up and freezes. It has never gotten past this point. It has 20GB so it isn't a space problem.

I have looked around the webz and I think my problem is... that I neglected to notice that my Bios is actually UEFI.

Damn.

I went back to the Ubuntu downloads webpage and then I saw it...the message that mentions to install in a new partition if using UEFI or windows 8.

Well, to be tidy, I think I want to uninstall the 12.04 that I tried to install, so I can then make the new partition and install 12.04 like a big boy. Right?

Question: how do I get rid of the old 12.04 I have so I can replace it the correct way? Also...do I need to? I dont want to confuse the boot choice screen with 12.04 in 2 different places.
Any advice?

arpanaut
March 10th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I believe that you uninstall wubi just like you uninstall any other program in windows.
But i do not know wubi or win7, so take that for what that is worth.

You might want to check out this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1639198