PDA

View Full Version : First experence stories

sevensevenone
March 9th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Any good stories about your first useage?

Started w/ 11.04, enjoyed it tho I didn't really do too much of anything with linux other than web browsing.
Went back to win7 for a couple months cause I couldn't get one video game to work.

Got the game working in 12.04, enjoyed the unity shell but liked gnome more...then after getting this "working" how I wanted them too, some how I broke the gui...that didn't realy discourage me as I found about links and just used tty(s) for almost everything. Eventuailly reformatted the HDD with a fresh install(got use to doing that lot w/ win7 cause I was board).

Going strong!

^ not really a "good" storie but havn't let my failures discourage me from playing w/ something that I don't have to sign a "contract" with...actuailly that is the main reason I don't like ms or apple.

blackbird34
March 10th, 2013, 03:13 AM
God I remember when my uni roommate tried to install a dual boot for me with 10.10... he wiped my Windows by accident, the best accident I ever had :D
I don't game so everything was fine from the outset, it could only get better... And nowadays my Precise Pangolin is just *SO* good!!
All this on the cheapest laptop i could find after having my mac stolen!

And talking of ttys - i love freaking people out by playing my music in a tty in mplayer :D