PDA

View Full Version : My facebook account was hacked into, unauthorized login password breached

sdowney717
March 9th, 2013, 02:09 PM
So I did not share the password.
Facebook to its credit blocked access from someone in Baltimore MD

The file attachment process is very hard to use in the new forum!

Can anyone see this loaded from google?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-QOSoTyEfRFA/UTsyc9ZqCnI/AAAAAAAAEZ8/4V11tOvCNg4/s742/facebookfishing.png

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-QOSoTyEfRFA/UTsyc9ZqCnI/AAAAAAAAEZ8/4V11tOvCNg4/s742/facebookfishing.png

sffvba[e0rt
March 9th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Yes it can be seen... and in my opinion the attachment feature has become much better...

woxuxow
March 9th, 2013, 05:22 PM
who is that guy ?
just change your password and use sms notification to be aware from anybody else login

CharlesA
March 9th, 2013, 05:34 PM
who is that guy ?
just change your password and use sms notification to be aware from anybody else login

+1, even though I don't know why anyone would want Facebook to know what their phone number is.

HermanAB
March 9th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Hmm, what is Facebook - is it a Gimp plugin? :)

My Facebook security system is very simple. I don't have an account...

sdowney717
March 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I am a very inactive facebooker.
So it surprised me to see the breach.
Mostly my daughter uses her facebook account a lot and the wife wants to see baby pictures.
Otherwise I dont log on for weeks.

fiodev
March 9th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I have seen a Baltimore log in with my account as well. Keep monitoring and change password when it happens. The only solution to prevent your personal information from being viewed is to not make it available in the first place. Web security is largely just a falicy. Facebook is a research tool for the C.I.A. I have wondered it the Baltimore log in is just you logging in with your own account and Facebooks tracking software incapable of actually figuring out where you are. My account usually says I log in from White River Jct. VT, when I am always in Lebanon or Hanover NH. Perhaps the tracking software gets stopped dead in its tracks at different servers your connection to Facebook is going through and your location is declared at the server?

Paqman
March 9th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Yep, I got one of these from some chancer in Thailand the other day. Facebook are pretty on the ball with this stuff, they shut him/her down immediately and notified me.

woxuxow
March 10th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Hmm, what is Facebook - is it a Gimp plugin? :)

My Facebook security system is very simple. I don't have an account...

Good
you impressed me, i have a couple of time deactivated my account for many months but it was just for months
the point is you can not delete your facebook account, anything you emit will be stored and saved even after deleting
security dosn`t mean in facebook

mr john
March 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Despite all of the paranoia and fearmongering that goes on, I've never come to any harm by having a facebook account. I think I'll keep using my tin foil for baking potatoes. I don't like hats. If your password has been hacked then change your passwords and stop using infected windows machines.