PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] can't save send or submit when I'm in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Nuitblanche
March 8th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Hi,

I have a Windows7/Ubuntu 12.04 dual boot.
Just recently...going on for 2 days now, I can save, submit or send anything when I'm in the Ubuntu environment.
Fortunate that I kept a dual boot, though, I'd rather be working out of Ubunty - which is what I've been doing 95% of the time.

Can anyone help?
Has a similar problem ever been experienced by someone else?

Thanks for your help!

Frogs Hair
March 9th, 2013, 01:31 AM
More details about the problem would help. If you are referring to web browsers , it can be add-on related if you are blocking scripts . I had a submission error while using Blackboard on a test and have been sticking to Win 7 for online tests . I have no problem with writing document for submission though.

Nuitblanche
March 9th, 2013, 03:12 AM
I believe I've been blocked by my internet provider.....I can connect just fine, submit, send whatever when I'm elsewhere except at home.
Will have to check with them what is going on....can't think of anything except for my opinions on the Huffington Post (and specifically, in particular - I can no longer load this site)....stay tuned.....

Frogs Hair
March 9th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Look at your cookie settings also to make sure you are not blocking the needed ones .

Nuitblanche
March 9th, 2013, 04:25 AM
I cleared the history, the cookies...it's not just one browser, it's all the browsers, even my Thunderbird won't send out my emails...
At any rate, the cookies, my Thunderbird and EVERYTHING else works normal when I'm NOT using my internet provider but connecting from a cafe, from a friend's house, or from my cricket.. everything works just fine.

Frogs Hair
March 9th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I guess you will have to take it up with the ISP . If it is happening with both operating systems it is not your fault. When you contact theme ask about the router and settings if one is provided.