PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Auto hide panel, icon only task manager, adopt a more Uniy-esque notification method?

Roasted
March 7th, 2013, 06:11 AM
I'm running an auto hide panel with the icon only task manager. When I'm on something like Kopete and I get an instant message, I get a notification within my main panel, which is nice. I also get my auto hide panel appearing with a flashing icon for a few seconds indicating me that application needs attention. I'm curious if there's a way to disable this, as I don't want my auto hide panel coming up based on every single message... that's what the notification system is for...

Thanks!

EDIT - For what it's worth, both the icon only task manager and the regular task manager act the same. Either they are set up to do that or the actual notification resides at a panel/KDE level. I've dug through all of the task manager settings for both but didn't see anything. I'm beginning to wonder if it may be elsewhere and I'm just not seeing it yet.

EDIT II - While we're on topic, why is it that "shut down" is not available under the alt + f2 menu, whereas restart is??

Roasted
March 8th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Nadda?? :(

Frogs Hair
March 8th, 2013, 04:36 PM
If the notification system operates via the panel then changing that configuration may be one way. The link might offer some direction.http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1379804/activating-kde-4-notifications-from-bash-scripts

rotave
March 9th, 2013, 05:08 AM
There's an alternative notification program called "Colibri" which might work. I've never used it so can't confirm. There's a youtube demo of it working here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXpIUNVBkL8

Roasted
March 17th, 2013, 04:59 AM
That notification menu sure is interesting. It's not that wildly different from KDE's regular notification menu though. You know one thing I'd love to see? Gnome Shell's notification system in KDE. That's one of the very few things I really like when I'm on a Gnome system... is their notification setup.