PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Browser moving to other window!

jimford
March 6th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I've always had a browser (eg Chrome) open in one window and the mail client (eg Thunderbird) in another. The way I've had it set in the past is for the browser to stay in its original window when I click a link in an email, opening the link in a new tab. With my Xubuntu 12.10 installation the browser moves to the same window as Thunderbird when I click a link, even though I select 'Only on This Workspace' in the L.H. window context menu in Chrome.

How do I 'fix' the browser in a window and stop it 'hopping' around, please?

Jim

pcharby
March 6th, 2013, 07:12 PM
I have a similar problem that I haven't been able to figure out.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
In my case, pop-ups, such as confirming file deletes, log In window for things like Sabnzbplus or logging into my router show up in another window.

At times, applications open in the second window.
I have to open the window manager, drag-and-drop the pop-up or app into the first window in order to access it. The only window availabe to me is the first one. I cannot select one of the other windows at all.
This started happening after update manager ran a few months back.

Paul

r.stiltskin
March 6th, 2013, 08:57 PM
In your Xubuntu Settings Manager go to Window Manger Tweaks and click on the Focus tab. There, under "When a window raises itself", you'll find 3 choices:

Bring window on current workspace
Switch to window's workspace
Do nothing

Select the second one.

The second poster seems to have an entirely different problem & should probably start a new thread.

jimford
March 6th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Many thanks 'r.stiltskin', it did the job!

Jim

dannyman
June 11th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks! This helped me out, too.