PDA

View Full Version : Forum's new look

siddharth007
March 5th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Loved the forum's new look....Way to go guys.Keep up the good work :D

Linuxratty
March 6th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Loved the forum's new look....Way to go guys.Keep up the good work :D
With the light gray background behind the text..Oh yes,looks very nice indeed!

cecilpierce
March 6th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Why fix something thats not broke ?

Paqman
March 6th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Colours are much better than the first version they rolled out. Thanks for listening to the feedback, forum elves!

Obscura13
March 6th, 2013, 11:50 PM
yes looking great guys from when i used to post here before.. KUDOS!!!

texpat
March 7th, 2013, 12:20 AM
To be sincere, I'm not overly enthusiastic. Having trouble finding my way around and it feels cluttered.

cariboo
March 7th, 2013, 07:09 AM

It was broken and out-of-date, with the new version we can move forward in our battle against spam, and provide new features that many have asked for.

Sableyes
March 7th, 2013, 09:31 AM

To add to what Cariboo said, you can now view Ubuntu forums on a mobile / tablet browser without masses of scrolling. Big step forward, couldnt do that with the old theme :)

craig10x
March 7th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Took me a day or two to get use to the new look, but now i like it a lot...nice job :D

gillmt
March 7th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Not easy to navigate, not easy to see recent posts - puts me off visiting

lfacchinelli
March 8th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Great theme guys !
Great works !! Thank you all ! :KS

LarsKongo
March 8th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Made a blue theme because I don't like orange. :p

Can be used natively in Opera with site preferences or with the Stylish extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
Get the CSS here: http://pastebin.com/ttp6avCp

(Also remove the following lines if you aren't using the style on MS Windows as I'm currently doing: )

/* FONTS (for MS Windows) */
* { font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif !important; }
.bbcode_code { font-family: "Courier New", Courier, monospace !important; }

LillyDragon
March 8th, 2013, 08:43 AM
It's looking a lot better, honestly, and overall everything's a lot smoother. ^^ I'm liking how deliciously orange everything is. Only problem for me is how all the topic titles have no spacing between each other, so it's a little painful to read through topic lists. I think it's just me readjusting to the new look, though; pretty much everything has changed!

woxuxow
March 8th, 2013, 05:50 PM
It`s much better than before

mikodo
March 8th, 2013, 11:18 PM
all the topic titles have no spacing between each other, so it's a little painful to read through topic lists.
Ya man. Makes me want to get off the page quickly.

;p

cariboo
March 10th, 2013, 12:14 AM
It's looking a lot better, honestly, and overall everything's a lot smoother. ^^ I'm liking how deliciously orange everything is. Only problem for me is how all the topic titles have no spacing between each other, so it's a little painful to read through topic lists. I think it's just me readjusting to the new look, though; pretty much everything has changed!

It would be helpful, if you posted a screenshot of what you are experiencing, to post a screenshot, go to the Advanced Editor, and scroll down to Manage Attachments, everything is pretty self evident from there.

Elfy
March 10th, 2013, 01:44 AM
It would be helpful, if you posted a screenshot of what you are experiencing, to post a screenshot, go to the Advanced Editor, and scroll down to Manage Attachments, everything is pretty self evident from there.

posssibly this one

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2121130&p=12548894&viewfull=1#post12548894