PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Nvidia GeForce Mx440

lucamanu
March 5th, 2013, 12:15 AM
I just installed Lubuntu 12.10. I cannot get hold of the graphic card.
At the end of installation, I got the system on nouveau: it run quite smoothly, and supported the right resolution required by my monitor (1440x900). Unfortunately, however, I got some quirks on artifacts and inaccurate overlayered rendering (especially on mouse-over effects).

Installing nvidia-current or nvidia-current-updates from the repository proved useless, since these are only compatible with cards from GeForce 5 onward (Mx440 being a bit older).

So I downloaded the correct driver (96.43.23) directly from nvidia.com website: specs clearly indicate compatibility with Mx440. However I got same results as with the repository drivers: while artifacts and overlay are ok, resolution and refresh rate are way down, with a very poor graphic quality.

Maybe I could modify the xorg.conf by hand, but have no clue how to find out the right specs. Anybody got similar experience? Found any solution?

Thanks for any help.
Cheers,
Lu

red_starfox2
August 23rd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Well...so I need a different graphic card than to get it running?!
Hoped it had a driver for the most produced Nvidia graphic card, ever...need solution badly...or a other distro that works with low-end systems and their old hardware completely.
If someone could help, it would be awesome...Lubuntu 13.04 is still very nice!