PDA

View Full Version : Ajax not working

camaro1992
March 2nd, 2013, 09:12 PM
HELP!

I have a new site that is in development that was programmed elseware and moved to my server. The site was done in AJAX and we are setting an error when we try to open it.

My programmer has been messing around in Firebug trying to find out what the problem is here, and it's definitely the AJAX that's causing the problem. The response from the AJAX code is the original index page, which has the code on it to break out of the layer. I get this message when it calls the AJAX:

"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains."

Info:

- This development site was programmed on a LINUX server and moved to a LINUX server
- This development site is on a subdomain of my main domain
- The main domain contains the current site that is online and being used by my visitors.
- The inner part of the development site is layered (no tables, frames, or iframes, just DIV, PHP, CSS, HTML JAVASCRIPT and AJAX) so when we open the page it displays the layout but inside rather than showing the correct page (which would come from the AJAX), it displays the MAIN site (currently public) website inside instead.

- I cannot post a demo as I don't want this site to be indexed yet and this forum is indexed by google and other search engines. :-)

Thanks

danniel
March 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
I think that the issue is the domain name. For example, if your site is "example.com" you cannot make AJAX requests to "example.net", but you can make requests to "something.example.com"

Are you sure you configured your application correctly? Maybe you forgot to update an URL.

ofnuts
March 3rd, 2013, 07:09 PM
I cannot post a demo as I don't want this site to be indexed yet and this forum is indexed by google and other search engines

You can obfuscate the URL: http://mysitedotcom