PDA

View Full Version : Silly pleasures

iamkuriouspurpleoranj
March 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
This morning I visited a high street shop where an active Windows Surface was on show. Well, I had a play on it and then opened Internet Explorer, set it to Ubuntu.com and walked away. Very silly I know and not likely to bring new users to Ubuntu. However it made me smile :-)

tgalati4
March 2nd, 2013, 07:53 PM
Door hinge rhymes with Orange, so it's quite appropriate.

mamamia88
March 2nd, 2013, 09:13 PM
I can't help laughing when I see BSODs on atms and stuff.

MadmanRB
March 3rd, 2013, 02:40 AM
My Little Pony Friendship is magic.

Also 50's B sci fi movies.

Giraffemonster
March 3rd, 2013, 02:48 AM
My Little Pony Friendship is magic.

Also 50's B sci fi movies.

Dude, MLP is my JAM.

Also kinda wrap myself in some sort of 'blanket cocoon' from time to time, if that makes any sense. Found it pretty funny when a few of my IRL friends did that same thing too.

oldos2er
March 3rd, 2013, 03:22 AM
This morning I visited a high street shop where an active Windows Surface was on show. Well, I had a play on it and then opened Internet Explorer, set it to Ubuntu.com and walked away. Very silly I know and not likely to bring new users to Ubuntu. However it made me smile :-)

You are a radical subversive. Well done! :D

duke.tim
March 3rd, 2013, 03:49 AM
I like walking into Apple stores and open browsers with articles about how quickly Mac's got hacked into at pwn2own

Lol, thread is "Silly pleasures", people start talking about MLP FIM.
I put a Rainbow dash sticker next to my other system stickers to make my machine run 20% cooler.

iamkuriouspurpleoranj
March 3rd, 2013, 05:05 AM
I like walking into Apple stores and open browsers with articles about how quickly Mac's got hacked into at pwn2own

Lol, thread is "Silly pleasures", people start talking about MLP FIM.
I put a Rainbow dash sticker next to my other system stickers to make my machine run 20% cooler.

And why not. I just felt in the mood to do something silly yesterday while waiting for a friend and it reminded me of the value of doing silly stuff.

It is said for example that one of the ways to avoid cabin fever if you work from home a lot is to go into important conference calls naked with your underpants on your head. Tip: If you do that, it works better without a webcam.

duke.tim
March 3rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
:D It would be quite funny if the web cam accidentally turned on :lolflag:

na5h
March 3rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
...and boot in 10 seconds flat!

duke.tim
March 3rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
...and boot in 10 seconds flat!
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25144926.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2Kvfx.jpg

Dry Lips
March 4th, 2013, 07:39 PM
a silly pleasure:

...popping bubble wrap!