PDA

View Full Version : screen saver

mayagrafix
March 2nd, 2013, 02:22 AM
Just installed Lubuntu on older laptop, works great, I'm very happy with it, but two questions:

1- how do I turn screen saver off? I have set the power settings to turn off screen after 10 minutes. No need for X screen saver or need to log in every time screen goes dark.

2- are there automatic updates or do I just run the update software every so often?

Thanks for any and all help, the Ubuntu Community forum people are great! -:KS-

Joentokyo
March 2nd, 2013, 02:51 AM
Just installed Lubuntu on older laptop, works great, I'm very happy with it, but two questions:

1- how do I turn screen saver off? I have set the power settings to turn off screen after 10 minutes. No need for X screen saver or need to log in every time screen goes dark.

2- are there automatic updates or do I just run the update software every so often?

Thanks for any and all help, the Ubuntu Community forum people are great! -:KS-

I use this https://launchpad.net/caffeine. It turns off screensaver and sleep mode.

Rex Bouwense
March 2nd, 2013, 03:51 AM
It is relatively easy to turn off the screen saver in Lubuntu. Go to Menu->Preferences->Screensaver. Under Display Modes, change the Mode to Disable Screen Saver.
You can check for updates manually using Apt-get, Synaptic Package Manager, or Software Updater. Conversely you can allow the system to update itself. Launch the Software Updater and then navigate to settings. Under Updates you can choose when you want to update.

mayagrafix
March 2nd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Thanks!

Rex Bouwense
March 2nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
You are quite welcome. We are here to help (or have some fun not sure which). :)