PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video issue after reboot

c.pfarher
March 1st, 2013, 09:41 PM
I installed ubuntu 12.10 remix...but I have some problems:

When I reboot, it doesnīt show grub and the system boot directly to ubuntu (my PC is UEFI - see thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2107873&page=1).... although i donīt delete the windows partition... (ubuntu boots ok and show me de desktop correctly) but itīs boot ok and I donīt have problem with the video....

As ubuntu live donīt recognize the ethernet and wireless card of my notebook, I use a script for download the .deb files in other computer and then installed for recognized the ethernet card with success... for this, I install linux-backports-modules-cw-.. When the instalation was finished, I reboot the pc and now I have internet, but ubuntu boots in console mode (no graphics mode ;( )...

I execute startx command, but It show me an error.

I attached some files here for try to solve the problem:
Xorg0.txt (10.2 KB) => this is the Xorg of system installed in hard drive, and itīs where is the video problem.

Xorg0.txt.zip (6.2 KB) => this is the log of Xorg with live CD where video was ok.

Thank you!

c.pfarher
March 7th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I run X -configure and then copy de Xorg file generated to /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and now itīs work! :)