PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone try the image viewer called 'Photo'?

Jay Nnib
February 27th, 2013, 06:48 PM
When I was just browsing for news on ubuntu, I stumbled upon this image viewer called Photo. It looks much like picasa image viewer of google and matches the unity interface of ubuntu. I'm now currently using windows(planning to switch completely to ubuntu after raring's release and enjoy my last windows days before that). So I have no idea how good this app is. Did anyone try this one?

chickenPie4breakfast
February 27th, 2013, 08:15 PM
I'll have a search for it - a link would have been nice!
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/10/photo-is-fancy-image-viewer-written-in.html
Doesn't look to me to be a picasa alternative - dont think it does
tagging or creating albums or syncing to web-albums etc.

Jay Nnib
February 28th, 2013, 02:17 AM
It can't be a picasa alternative but it is the only good looking image viewer in ubuntu among those I have seen.

t0p
February 28th, 2013, 02:49 AM
You should look at better images rather than blame the image viewer software! :p

Incidentally, I use "Image Viewer", Shotwell and Gimp for all my imaging needs. Haven't been left wanting better yet (except better photographic and editing skills)

Jay Nnib
March 1st, 2013, 06:20 PM
By good looking, I meant the 'interface' of the image viewer. If this app gets some nice features like web album and ubuntu one integration, I will use it as my default image viewer.I don't mean that the present image viewer is bad but I'm looking forward for something better.