PDA

View Full Version : Going Linux Podcast as resource

Cyphrex
February 26th, 2013, 06:03 AM
I thought I might share some insightful inspirations to other new players in the realm of Linux.

The Going Linux Podcast found at http://goinglinux.com/ was my inspiration for finally taking the plunge and testing out some new variations (started when Fedora first came out and put down very quickly as it was too hard to understand/get running easily).

I have to say, I have learned so much about Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian, Mint and other flavors of linux I never would have experimented with had these two guys not put this podcast together. As it is I Iisten to a podcast going to and from work everyday that I downloaded on my work wifi and am quickly picking up on Ubuntu as my flavor on a Live USB stick for now; when I feel more comfortable or Windows decides to blowup on me for the fatal last time then I'll do a full install to the internal HDD of my personal laptop.

These guys have A LOT of great ideas, tips, and even konsole commands to help you get familiar with your linux flavor. They do have a feedback posting every month that I skip over, a first month intro cast, and second month is the advanced on the same topic as the intro.

Bucky Ball
February 26th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Thread moved to The Community Cafe.

Reason: Not a support request.

Armann
February 26th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the link, always fun to find a new podcast.

I mainly listen to: http://www.tuxradar.com/podcast

matt_symes
February 26th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Hi

I used to listen to GoingLinux as well.

An excellent introduction newcomers to linux.

I recommend it.

Kind regards

Primefalcon
February 26th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Listened to going Linux for years (recently stopped following news due to personal tragedy), also had some cool convo's on g+ and via email with the hosts.... great guys, great podcast!

Rokkross
February 26th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I'll be sure to check it out. If you're looking for a good general linux podcast (really more of a show though), check out the Linux Action Show from Jupiter Broadcasting. They mostly talk about general news, distro reviews, and other random stuff; but they have done some tutorials and episodes dedicated to new users.

Plus, Chris's hair is perfect.

Just a note: please don't ask about Bryan if you decide to join the IRC channel.