PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Contacts search in gnome shell works intermittently

valmar
February 26th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Dear All,

I installed Gnome Shell from the repositories. In general, it seems to work quite well, but I have a problem with searching Contacts in the activities window.

I have some Google Contacts that I added to the Gnome Documents app using the Online accounts functionality. If I go in the activities window and start typing the name of the contact, sometimes the contact appears in the search results, sometime it does not, and the Contacts tab is empty.

I know there is a bug report that is related to gnome-contacts-search-provider crashing, but this happens even when the provider does not crash.

It is very easy to reproduce. Add some contacts, open activities and start typing, then look at the results.

Is anyone else noticing this beahvior, and has anyone an idea for a workaround?

Valerio

markbl
February 26th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Yep, I've noticed the same thing. I haven't bothered to work out any pattern to how it fails but it surely is very inconsistent and unusable.

I have a standard x86_64 ubuntu desktop install plus gnome-shell from the packages and have added gnome3 team ppa.

DieNacht
March 16th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Same thing here. It seems to fix itself (temporary) if you open up Empathy or the contacts app and do a search. Hope it gets fix soon, it is very annoying and is a really cool feature.