PDA

View Full Version : Undable to get QT Creator to run

Paul126
February 24th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to follow the tutorial for Ubuntu phone. I am on 12.10 have installed everything I need but when I rund QT Creator I get

qtcreator: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Widgets.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

There's nothing on google, I can't find it as a bug. It's probably something obvious but I'm stuck and not too proud to ask for help!

Help!

brucegu
February 25th, 2013, 01:31 PM
pay attention to the command line execution result, it should have some errors or warnings.

Paul126
February 25th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Thanks but that is the command line output. When I hit the icon in unity it just flashes and does nothing. So I used the command line as user and with sudo just in case and my first post was the output. Any other ideas?

morchuboo
February 26th, 2013, 12:01 AM
check if you have libqt5widgets5 installed

Paul126
February 26th, 2013, 12:06 AM
yeah, I do. I ran a strace, there are lots of things that it is looking for that it seems to not be finding in the right place. That command line output was just the last thing it couldn't find. It's not just a case of relocating a couple of files to the right place.

I'll post the details in the morning. But I'm surprised that QTCreator has a problem like this. Will continue to investigate, might boot up 12.04 in a VM to see what happens. I will solve this, oh yes, I will!