PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help in installing Ubuntu in Presario CQ40-338TU

ProfAbbyNucup
February 23rd, 2013, 05:24 PM
Good day, I've been a Windows OS user for a very long time and recently discovered and learned how to use Ubuntu (thanks to SFD) and I want to move to the next step: Installing Ubuntu in my own laptop. I really want to install Ubuntu in my old laptop (HP-Compaq Presario CQ40-338TU) but I have one simple concern: Drivers (I mean the driver in order for the hardware to work properly). Do I need to install the drivers or is Ubuntu will install it automatically? If I still need the drivers, where can I download it? And I know this is kinda noob but, can anyone help me in installing Ubuntu to my laptop by providing me some step-by-step instructions and which installer should I download? I've been searching it at Google for some time now and I'm kinda confused now... Please enlighten me.

Thanks in advanced.

ProfAbbyNucup
February 23rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
bump... T_T

xc3RnbFO8P
February 23rd, 2013, 06:49 PM
Good day, I've been a Windows OS user for a very long time and recently discovered and learned how to use Ubuntu (thanks to SFD) and I want to move to the next step: Installing Ubuntu in my own laptop. I really want to install Ubuntu in my old laptop (HP-Compaq Presario CQ40-338TU) but I have one simple concern: Drivers (I mean the driver in order for the hardware to work properly). Do I need to install the drivers or is Ubuntu will install it automatically? If I still need the drivers, where can I download it? And I know this is kinda noob but, can anyone help me in installing Ubuntu to my laptop by providing me some step-by-step instructions and which installer should I download? I've been searching it at Google for some time now and I'm kinda confused now... Please enlighten me.

Thanks in advanced.

Just install Ubuntu, I don't believe that you will have problem with this computer,
if you do then ask for help :)