PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound issue with a 3rd party program called Sense (based on scratch)

mrrobbins1
February 23rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
Hi,
I currently am running ubuntu 10.04 (Backtrack) and seem to have an issue when I try to instruct a sense program to run a sound such as drums.
I subsequently ran sense.sh from command-line which initially depicts no errors until I try to execute a sound such as play drums in a sense script, then I am given the output error messages as follows:
/home/doc/dev/squeak/src/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/vm-sound-PA/sqUnixSoundPulseAudio.c: pa_simple_new() failed: Connection refused.
/home/doc/dev/squeak/src/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/vm-sound-PA/sqUnixSoundPulseAudio.c: pa_simple_new() failed: Connection refused.
The problem seems to be that sense looks for the audio driver/files perhaps? I have checked to see if the /home/doc/.. directories exist and I can't seem to find them anywhere.
I am confident enough to not require the sounds to actually be played when testing my programs however it would still be nice to fix this issue.