PDA

View Full Version : Can't install Draftsight 12.04 64bit

Just call me Oldmate
February 23rd, 2013, 02:09 AM
I ran Draftsight for 12 months on 11.10 32bit but could never get it happening once I upgraded to 12.04 64bit so I just thought I'd let it go for a few months until everything settled down with the distro's new release but I've just had another go and it's the same thing so obviously it's something I'm doing wrong at my end. Once I click on the deb file, Software Centre opens with "Cannot install 'libdirectfb-extrai:386'". I've tried alot of other things from forums but can't make it happen. I'd reall appreciate any help. Thanks

Frogs Hair
February 23rd, 2013, 02:43 AM
I just installed successfully on 12.10, but I used the Gdebi package installer from the software center. Gdebi used to be a default application before the software center and now needs to be installed.

Just call me Oldmate
February 23rd, 2013, 03:38 AM
Hey, Thanks for the quick reply. I have had a go at the Gdebi method but this is the message I get. Pretty much the same as with Software Centre
Error: Cannot install 'libdirectfb-extra:i386'

Frogs Hair
February 23rd, 2013, 04:10 AM
Though I could not find that package in synaptic it appeared in the installed dependency list after the installation . It is odd that the program works with 11.10 and 12.10 and not 12.04. :confused: