PDA

View Full Version : Google Glass (with video)

Linuxratty
February 20th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Showing the power of Linux.
So when do we get to say:"Ok Ubuntu,take a letter?"

http://www.slashgear.com/new-google-glass-video-demos-true-potential-of-water-resistant-wearable-20270210/

Umbra Diaboli
February 20th, 2013, 09:12 PM
I think I may not be the only one here who sees Google Glass as silly...

I'm sure it'll sell just as much as tablets do, or the iWatch will sell for that matter. Still, they are just plainly silly, stuff that is marketed to such an extent that it becomes successful even if there is no need/demand.

neu5eeCh
February 21st, 2013, 02:18 PM
My first thought: that is the last thing I want. Do I really need to be plugged into the techno-verse 24 hours a day (or the Google-verse)? Do I really want pixelation between me and the real world? But that's just me. Maybe it will be a wild success?

I just can't wait for the revelation that Google is recording every little thing you see and selling it to advertisers. And just think of the P.O.V. pr0n that's going to blossom. "What? I had no idea we were being filmed," she says. "He said those funny glasses were corrective." The pr0n industry, early adopters of promising technology, will probably lead the way.

And then there's that whole thing about Google maps and wikipedia-like information on whatever you are looking at. Now imagine if we could apply that to people. Oh yeah... face recognition. You could be on a first date. You could put on your glasses and voila! You're prospective date's life history could unfold before you. Their bra size. Their eating habits. What they've bought at Amazon. All those High school pictures on Facebook. What movies he's downloaded [clears throat].

Cops will start wearing them. They'll take one look at you and you will be so busted.

The possibilities are endless.

Yay.

Drenriza
February 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Their is no natural demand as i see it for these. But of course Google will make demand.

Do i see the idea in the glasses? Definitely. But right here right now they are just to big and clumsy. And thus i believe this will decrease demand until a better solution for the same technologi is created. Example, contact linses with the same features but which are see through.

I apologise already now for my English and probably loads of spelling errors ,)

mastablasta
February 21st, 2013, 03:22 PM
some HUD would be usefull in some occasions. for example in cars.

tjeremiah
February 21st, 2013, 08:55 PM
Wow, cameras really are everywhere now...

Linuxratty
February 21st, 2013, 09:59 PM
Wow, cameras really are everywhere now...

They sure are! I know one person who wants one..I also don't want to be plugged in 24/7, so my interest in them is 0.
All I really want is to talk and have Ubuntu type.