PDA

View Full Version : Onda V972 Quad Core

Dvalin21
February 18th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Tablet Support: Onda v972

I notice that there was support done for the onda 812. Trying to find out is there will be support for the Onda v972

DuckHook
February 18th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Welcome to the forums.

I notice that there was support done for the onda 812

...news to me. Could you provide a link?

Dvalin21
February 18th, 2013, 06:33 AM
That wont be a problem, HOWEVER....., its in chinese.

http://www.ondabbs.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=220057&extra=page%3D2%26orderby%3Dlastpost&page=1

Several communities would love to play with this on both sides, but we need clear translation instructions to work with it. (I'm not a dev before you ask, however I'm looking into becoming one with the right training. Mainly Android, but would love to be able to port things over like ubuntu since they are similar.)

sandyd
February 18th, 2013, 09:55 PM
moved to cafe

grahammechanical
February 18th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Google translate does it for us.

Ubuntu, Debian, Backtrack are based on Linux and Andrews put the diagram because I speed is very egg pain. least have 1.3G of each mirror so the only trial ubuntuV4 full version 3.3G 812 test fluency. theoretically can use ready --- need tools are packaged sold at 97 cents per nine (Ahem. forgive me I have to upgrade) mirror addresses are in the bag -

:0 :)

DuckHook
February 19th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Google translate does it for us.

:0 :)

I tried that but Google choked on my attempt.

Dvalin21
February 21st, 2013, 05:54 AM
Yeah but the directions are not clear. But what I've heard also that is a over lay and not really an install. But my question is how could we get it to install.

Dvalin21
February 21st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Hey guys, I found this through my searches. Let me know what ya think.

http://dorkfiles.com/canonical-officially-unveils-ubuntu-for-tablets-talkandroid-com/

DuckHook
February 21st, 2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the link. I'm aware of the proposed Ubuntu ports to touchscreen devices. Have been discussed for a long time on these forums and elsewhere. At this point, any port would likely be a highly modified version of Ubuntu desktop, almost like what Android did to Linux. So. I was curious about alternate distros that are not so modified: more Linux-like if you will. Will just keep my eyes and ears open for further news.