PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu OS phone beta testing

userfriendly1992
February 17th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Has anyone heard of Canonical possibly giving people Ubuntu phones to beta test? I don't know about any of you, but I'd really enjoy beta testing the Ubuntu OS phone!

How can we, as a community, request to beta test the Ubuntu OS phone?

3rdalbum
February 17th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Has anyone heard of Canonical possibly giving people Ubuntu phones to beta test? I don't know about any of you, but I'd really enjoy beta testing the Ubuntu OS phone!

How can we, as a community, request to beta test the Ubuntu OS phone?

There's no Ubuntu Phone hardware yet as far as I know. If you have (or can get your hands on) a Galaxy Nexus or a Nexus 4, you can install the operating system with the image that's coming out soon.

ikt
February 17th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I'm unsure if the Ubuntu OS phone itself will be given out, but this was recently posted:

Canonical has announced that it will be releasing the first public preview for its Ubuntu Phone operating system on February 21. The software, intended both for developers and adventurous end-users, will be made available as images for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus handset as well as LG's Nexus 4. Source code will also be released for those who would like to port the operating system to other phones.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/02/ubuntu-phone-developer-preview-will-arrive-on-february-21st/

Now whether it will run on my old HTC Hero!