PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible to dual boot ubuntu and android?

Sethun
February 17th, 2013, 05:06 AM
I don't own a smartphone, but I'd really like to use android apps on occasion. And I always thought that the best way to be able to do that would be to dual boot. But I honestly don't even know if it's even really possible.

userfriendly1992
February 17th, 2013, 05:08 AM
I don't own a smartphone, but I'd really like to use android apps on occasion. And I always thought that the best way to be able to do that would be to dual boot. But I honestly don't even know if it's even really possible.

I have seen it done with an iPhone, but I think it was more or less emulated. Eh, but with the right know how, anything can be done.

Sethun
February 17th, 2013, 05:10 AM
I have seen it done with an iPhone, but I think it was more or less emulated. Eh, but with the right know how, anything can be done.

This is true. I however do not have the know-how, especially in this regard. I mean I did load up android 4.2 and mess around with the live CD but I didn't get far because my laptop doesn't have a touch-screen.

doorknob60
February 17th, 2013, 09:22 AM
It's theoretically possible, using the x86 port of Android. You would likely have issues finding drivers for all your hardware though. I think you'd be better off running it in Virtualbox, the Android SDK, or some other emulator.