PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with 12.10

bobipod
February 15th, 2013, 09:56 PM
In the last week or so i've lost the use of my home, pg up/dn, end and arrow key buttons.

Now as from this evening every web page i go onto requires a plugin upgrade and only offers the same two options. Both of which are selected and confirmed installed but still nothing.

I'm using a dell inspiron 1520 with the latest update of Ubuntu 12.10

PIE09gbLmgG6
February 16th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Wubi install or full install...if it's the wubi through windows...I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling...doesn't take long at all...

ego-

Ps...wish I could help more...pretty new to this...few months I'll be a champ...

bobipod
February 16th, 2013, 05:42 PM
thanks for the reply, i use Ubuntu as a stand alone OS, i don't like windows. Having said that on my sons laptop i have ubuntu installed as a secondary os and it is doing the same thing on his machine.

PIE09gbLmgG6
February 16th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Wow, really? I installed it on three of our machines and it ran really well...had massive problems last year with 12.04...decided to wait for the next version...12.10 has been running like a champ.

ego-

bobipod
February 16th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Mine has been running superb (albeit with the odd acceptable glitch now and then) since i went solo ubuntu, whenever that was. I really like ubuntu and don't want to change it so these faults are really getting me to the point of using something else. I'm not a programmer or someone who fully understands all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. I can just about use a terminal window with expert instructions to follow.

howefield
February 16th, 2013, 06:24 PM
What is the plugin that it is looking for, is it flash or something else ?

Might be worth booting with whatever medium you used to install Ubuntu, just to check the keyboard, to rule out hardware issues.