PDA

View Full Version : Is there an alternative to Ubuntu One Notes?

lads
February 15th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Dear all,

The Ubuntu One Notes service is going to be shut down a few days from now. I happen to use this service quite heavily through Tomboy and my work will be negatively impacted. The Tomboy folks are working on an alternative but this is something that won't come overnight; I don't expect it to be up before the service gets shut down.

So my question is if there is an alternative to the Ubuntu One Notes service, that provides a similar experience (independent of the client software).

Note: I'm not asking for a file synchronisation with Ubuntu One. I'm pretty aware of that work around and its problems.

ssam
February 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
i use tomboy syncing to ssh. you just need a server somewhere that you have ssh access to. you may need to install the fuse sshfs package on the clients.

tgalati4
February 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I find zim works pretty well over a network with multiple users working on the same notebook file.

Host the zim file on a server and put a zim launcher on everyone's desktop that points to the server notebook file. You will need to set up the server mounts on each machine.