PDA

View Full Version : 12.04 i just do not know where to put my iso image so it is link to my terminal .

MontrealCorp
February 15th, 2013, 01:29 AM
hi, i am trying to make a ubs persistent live ubuntu 12.04

http://rudd-o.com/en/linux-and-free-software/a-better-way-to-create-a-customized-ubuntu-live-usb-drive

everything went well until i reach this stage

around mid page , when i reach to do this :
Copy the kernel and initial RAM disk from the ISO image to your GRUB directory

the first line go in no problem :

sudo mkdir -p /mnt/isoimage

but the second do not go well : sudo mount -o loop /path/to/iso/image.iso /mnt/isoimage

it gives me this error : can't find /mnt/isoimage in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

unfortunately this tutorial do not say where to put file,etc and after reading a bit, if i get this right, , the command line -o loop is about cdrom i think (??).

but my iso image in not on a cd but simply put on my desktop and in download file directory.

now i think my question is simple i guess.... how or what command line i could use so the terminal can find my isoimage on my computer and put it on my usb stick ?

it seem , no link is made with the command on my iso image and i do not know how to make it ?

ty

westie457
February 15th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Hi the link you provided seems to be a bit complicated.

You could try this link http://www.pendrivelinux.com/creating-an-ubuntu-live-usb-from-cd/

With a few adjustments to the procedure you can create a persistent USB from a LiveCD or an installed Ubuntu.

MontrealCorp
February 15th, 2013, 03:46 AM
ty for suggestion

i think i found the problem tho i do not know the asnwer :(

sudo dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/path/to/iso/image.iso

i did not do this command cause my iso image was not on my cd but the guide said :

Adjust the path of the of= parameter to point to the directory where you want to save the ISO image. For the rest of this tutorial, /path/to/iso/image.iso will represent the path to your ISO image.

then i am stuck on this command line

sudo mount -o loop /path/to/iso/image.iso /mnt/isoimage

obv. i need to change this :

has suggested when he said from upthere : Adjust the path of the of= parameter to point to the directory where you want to save the ISO image. For the rest of this tutorial, /path/to/iso/image.iso will represent the path to your ISO image.

now my iso image is on my desktop and i just do not know what to write here for this line :

imo i need change the : /path/to/iso/image.iso

with path from where my iso image is ....anyone can tell me what is the path when my isoimage is on my desktop, i try a lot already :( , like

sim@DesktopOffice:~$ sudo mount -o loop desktop/ubuntu-12.04.1-desktop-i386 /mnt/isoimage

sim@DesktopOffice:~$ sudo mount -o loop desktop /mnt/isoimage

i always end up with : No such file or directory

ty for further help

westie457
February 15th, 2013, 01:42 PM
One small mistake I have noticed. The desktop folder starts with a capital d, Desktop is different to desktop.

Change the desktop/<name of iso> to Desktop/<name of iso>

See if that makes any difference.

MontrealCorp
February 15th, 2013, 11:13 PM
wow can t believe just because of D instead of d..

well ty !!!!

it work.

now i got other errors.

says other directory not exist on next line

i am just tired for now and a bit mad....ill try later to work on it and come back here if i cannot solve it with the help of u guys

ty