PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Installing xinput-calibrator -- package vanished

chellrose
February 14th, 2013, 11:58 PM
I have a Fujitsu Lifebook T4220, with the Trinity DE build of 10.10 and Windows XP dual-boot.
I want to install xinput-calibrator so I can correctly calibrate the pen in rotated-screen mode. I tried installing the ppa directly from here (http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xinput_calibrator) (which was probably my first mistake since it says it's for 10.04). That didn't work, so I did a sudo apt-cache search and found it there. I tried sudo apt-get install xinput-calibrator, and it complained about unmet dependencies.

I opened Adept Manager, thinking that I'd track down all of the dependencies and install them all at once. But xinput-calibrator was listed as "installed - BROKEN", so I marked it for purging. The idea was to purge the bad install and then re-install it with correct dependencies.
However, after completion of this process, xinput-calibrator no longer shows up in Adept or in apt-cache. I tried sudo apt-get update, to no avail. The xinput-calibrator package still does not seem to exist.

How do I get it back in my package list so I can install it? Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good alternative pen-calibration software?

Thanks!

omid2s
February 15th, 2013, 12:11 AM
hello and welcome Sissy13 in ubuntu forums
for correctly calibrate the pen in rotated-screen is low programs.
so .you several up date your software for rebuild software center
or request it in forums.:popcorn:

chellrose
February 15th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Thank you for replying. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I understand what you are suggesting. Rebuild software center? I Googled it, but didn't find anything useful.

Could you please clarify? How does one rebuild the software center?