PDA

View Full Version : Looking for writers for a starting up tech blog

cubinews
February 12th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Hi all, I'm Matt and I'm looking for some writers for my tech blog.
Obviously, this isn't a job, but more of a hobby, so no need to quit your current job ;)

The blog would be categorized like this:

Microsoft

Desktop/laptop (Windows)

Smartphone (windows phone)

Tablet (Surface/surface Pro)

Xbox

Apple

Desktop/laptop ( OS X)

Smartphone (iOS)

Tablet ( iPad/Mini)

Linux

Desktop/laptop (Various Distros, but mainly Ubuntu)

Smartphone (Primarily Android, but also other linux based OS's)

Tablet (once again, primarily android)

Now, in those categories would be smaller ones. News, reviews, how-to's, video casts for the three main groups, guides, etc. would be included.

One person is in charge of the Microsoft portion, another in charge of the Apple portion, and yet another in charge of the Linux branch. Each of the three branches would have a few writers, and each branch would have at least one person who can do photography for the articles. After all, pages of plain text are boring. Photos bring them to life!

So, if you have any questions, please email me at my temporary email,<snip>
The reason why it's temporary is because I don't have the domain cubinews.com yet. Not quite eighteen years old yet, as according to the law. Once the domain name is bought, the email will become, I don't know, <snip> maybe?
That being said, If anyone would like to host the website on their own server, please speak up! Otherwise, I was just going to use Bluehost as a remote server.

Quick recap: I'm starting a tech blog, I'm looking for writers ( if you can take pretty good photos, too, the better), I need a site host, whether it be a local host or remote.
Send all questions, thoughts, and ideas to <snip>.
If you are inquiring about being "hired", email <snip> but make the subject line " Blog Positions Available?", that way I know that you might be interested in writing for the blog.

Thanks all, and have a good day!

Please PM cubinews.

neu5eeCh
February 12th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Good luck with that.

Just for perspective's sake. I have a fairly successful blog and was asked to contribute articles to another site. I wrote two articles. The first question I asked myself was this: Why am I contributing to the success of someone else's web site when I could be using the same energy to further the success of my own blog?

Secondly, why am I spending time on this and not getting paid? If I were getting paid, then the distraction might make sense. Right? I already have a hobby, and it's my own. I'm not going to spend time on somebody else's hobby unless I'm getting paid. When it's somebody else's hobby, and I'm contributing my time and effort, I call that a job and I expect to get paid for it.

But that's just my perspective.