PDA

View Full Version : OUYA the open source gamming console

asifnaz
February 11th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I am really excited about this gaming console

http://www.ouya.tv/

It has 1GB of RAM, a Tegra 3 quad-core processor, and 8GB of internal flash storage. It will be fully HDMI compatible, supporting 1080p resolution, and will have WiFi, Bluetooth, and an Ethernet port. It will also come with a single USB 2.0 port. Included is one wireless controller, which features two analog sticks, a d-pad, eight action buttons (four face buttons and four triggers), a system button, and a touchpad. Finally, the whole thing will run on Android 4.0

What is your opinion..?

3rdalbum
February 11th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Excited at being able to try before I buy and probably never needing to spend more than $20 on a game. I often buy $70 games and then find I suck too much to be able to finish them. A waste of money to not experience the whole game because I'm stuck or lose interest. At least $20 isn't much to waste and if I can't complete the demo I know not to buy.

This thread will go to Recurring Discussions so quickly though!

tjeremiah
February 11th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Not that much interested. My console buying days are pretty much over.

Lucradia
February 11th, 2013, 03:34 PM
This has been posted three times now it seems.

mips
February 12th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Not that much interested. My console buying days are pretty much over.

Maybe not as a console but it could have many other other uses. At $99 it's only about 3x more than a Raspberry Pi (B model) and way more powerful. Target market is not exactly the same but it could be a nice toy to play around with.