PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Open Folder With Totem Creates Playlist (KDE Equivalent?)

guimaster
February 11th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Greetings,

I don't know if there are many Kubuntu / KDE users here, but I'll try. I've spent 15+ hours configuring Kubuntu now the way I want it. But I still have a little way to go:

In Ubuntu, I can right-click on a folder, and choose to "Open With" Totem. Then all of the videos in that folder will be added to the Totem Playlist, and will automatically start playing. So far with Kubuntu, neither Dragon Player nor KMPlayer appear to be able to do this. I'm wondering if I install Totem in Kubuntu, will this "Open With" feature work, or is this rather some sort of limitation with Dolphin that is preventing KMPlayer and Dragon Player from creating a random Playlist?

I hope I explained things clearly. All help appreciated! :KS

oldos2er
February 11th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I don't use either Dragon Player or kmplayer, but I know this function does work with vlc. I think this problem might be a limitation of those particular programs, not dolphin, but that's just a guess.

SeijiSensei
February 11th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I use smplayer (in the repositories) on Kubuntu. To create a playlist you can highlight a list of files in dolphin then right-click and choose "Enqueue in SMPlayer". Another option is to use Options > Playlist in SMPlayer itself and add the files using the icons at the bottom of the window that pops up. You can either select individual files or add whole directories. If you choose the Save icon in that window, you will get a playlist in the M3U format.

guimaster
February 15th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Sadly KDE doesn't seem to have a great video player. Dragon Player has limited functionality, and so does KMPlayer. I decided just to go ahead and install Totem. Totem does work with Dolphin, allowing me to right click a folder and choose "Open With."

Thanks!