PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Nautilus lost functionality

two4two
February 10th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I have THREE USB hard drives called WD My Book. One one of them I have lost the ability to right click and copy/delete/paste/ etc. I can use command line with "cp" (or whatever) command and that works on that drive. The other two drives are OK and the right click functionality is OK. This problem cropped up not more than a week ago. When I check the properties for a folder or a file on the affected drive it tells me that my user-id is, in fact, the owner and that I have read/write access to it. I can open a file with an application (such as GIMP). Rebooting does not clear the problem. So, anyone have any idea what happened or what to check and repair? I might add that the drive has a folder on it that contains upward of 70,000 jpg files and it takes a very long time to open that folder while it tries to build the thumbnails for all of them. Anyway, I'd love to get my GUI functionality back for this drive.

two4two
January 24th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Re-booting can resolve this problem. Also, I can use fstab to make sure these drives are mounted with desired permissions.