PDA

View Full Version : how to run qt program and another cpp program together

sanda199
February 9th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone, I wrote qt program at gedit and run it on ubuntu terminal. It worked fine. Now I wanna run that Qt program and another simple cpp program together. How can I do it? Is it possible to do that? Thanks millions. :)

Tony Flury
February 9th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Hi everyone, I wrote qt program at gedit and run it on ubuntu terminal. It worked fine. Now I wanna run that Qt program and another simple cpp program together. How can I do it? Is it possible to do that? Thanks millions. :)

As I said in your other thread you can use system() to call one program from another.

But since I know you have written both programs and both are written in C you can just call one from the other and compile and link then together.

sanda199
February 9th, 2013, 09:48 AM
As I said in your other thread you can use system() to call one program from another.

But since I know you have written both programs and both are written in C you can just call one from the other and compile and link then together.

How to call one from the other? Actually, as I mentioned at the other thread, I wanna run server program and Qt program at the same time. Compiler is G++. Is it possible to do it?