PDA

View Full Version : Looking for old KDE panel widget for file browsing

Ernir
February 7th, 2013, 09:50 PM
A few versions ago, a certain panel widget was bundled with Kubuntu. It was a sort of a lightweight folder viewer - when clicked, a list of all files and folders in the user's home directory would pop up from the panel, and would allow simple navigation through the directory structure until a file is selected. It was very convenient to have, saving quite a few clicks compared to launching Dolphin.

But it's not bundled any more, and I don't know what it's called.

A picture of what (I think, at least) is the widget in question is here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/Ernir/FaesbukDesktop.png), wedged between the K menu and Show Desktop widgets. Sadly, the widget is not open, so it doesn't show what it looked like in action.

Anyone know what this is/was called, and how I can get it back?

SeijiSensei
February 7th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Click on the "cashew" at the right end of the panel, choose Add Widgets, then add the Folder View widget.

Ernir
February 7th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Click on the "cashew" at the right end of the panel, choose Add Widgets, then add the Folder View widget.

Yup! It has changed a bit since I last saw it, but that would be it.

Thanks!

EDIT: Seems to have lost the click-through feature, though. Immediately opens up Dolphin rather than another view when clicking a folder. :(

EDIT2: It didn't lose the feature. Now that I had the name of the widget, I could Google it. Turns out the widget I was looking for is not Folder View, but something called QuickAccess. It is not available by default, but it's in the repos (package plasma-widget-quickaccess). Really solved now. :P