PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 12.04 application indicator for home folder showing up on minecraft icon instead

ysebastien
February 7th, 2013, 04:22 AM
I'm assuming this happens because I made a launcher icon for minecraft and I didn't know what I was doing. See the pictures below to understand what I'm talking about. Would anyone know what to look for in fixing this?

Notice I don't have any instance of the home folder open at this time.

Now, clearly I do and if you look towards the bottom of the launcher bar you'll see the minecraft icon has an indicator light and I can close the home folder by right clicking the minecraft icon and pressing quit.

I'm still new to the ubuntu OS and sometimes I make mistakes when installing new programs. I think this might be an example of that but I'm not sure how to fix it! Also this is my first post so please redirect me as needed if I'm not in the proper section/haven't followed forum rules.

Thanks!

EDIT: it seems to be back to normal i.e. the application indicator is on the write icon now, but if anyone has any idea what's going on I would like to understand where to look should it happen again