PDA

View Full Version : Installing Ubuntu 12.10 64 byte

rmcz
February 6th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Hello Forum:

I am anewbie to Ubuntu, so not sure if I am missing somehting small but crucial...

I have tried unsuccesfully to install Ubuntu 12.04/64 and 12.10/64 on the system below:

AMD A4-3400 @ 2.7 Ghz with Graphics Radeon 6400
ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe Motherboard
500 GBHD
16 GBRAM

I can boot from the DVD, but then it freezes on on the splash screen.:mad:

I tried pressing F7 during splah screen then F6 and installing with NOSETMODE, it went though the installation screen, asking for language, keyboard, etc, but then it freezes before finishing the instllation.:mad:

Initially I had 4 Gbytes RAM, but changed to 16. Still same problem as above.:mad:

Ubuntu 12.04 32 Bytes installed fine, but I need 64 Byute in order to take advantage of the 16 GRAM

Any hints would be highly appreciated.;)

Best regards):P

RMCZ

collisionystm
February 6th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Hello Forum:

I am anewbie to Ubuntu, so not sure if I am missing somehting small but crucial...

I have tried unsuccesfully to install Ubuntu 12.04/64 and 12.10/64 on the system below:

AMD A4-3400 @ 2.7 Ghz with Graphics Radeon 6400
ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe Motherboard
500 GBHD
16 GBRAM

I can boot from the DVD, but then it freezes on on the splash screen.:mad:

I tried pressing F7 during splah screen then F6 and installing with NOSETMODE, it went though the installation screen, asking for language, keyboard, etc, but then it freezes before finishing the instllation.:mad:

Initially I had 4 Gbytes RAM, but changed to 16. Still same problem as above.:mad:

Ubuntu 12.04 32 Bytes installed fine, but I need 64 Byute in order to take advantage of the 16 GRAM

Any hints would be highly appreciated.;)

Best regards):P

RMCZ

During the splash, you can generally hit the UP arrow key and it will show the details of the boot. Try that and see if you can see what it stops at.