PDA

View Full Version : Any skateboarders here?

mips
February 4th, 2013, 08:26 PM
I don't skate any more (to old and my bones are brittle) but I just saw this awesome downhill video and I started thinking back at my youth going everywhere with my skateboard, how I miss those days :)

Anyway here's the video I've watched a few times already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt_ZL6rWHLA

Dry Lips
February 4th, 2013, 09:02 PM
No, but I juggle... Close enough? ;)

Cheesemill
February 4th, 2013, 09:38 PM
I juggle skateboards...

sffvba[e0rt
February 5th, 2013, 10:25 AM
My friend and I went down a hill like that once... luckily I fell of early on when speed was still slowish... he wasn't so lucky >.<

BrokenKingpin
February 5th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I skateboarded for a good 10 years when I was younger. I eventually stopped in early collage after wrecking my knee trying to kickflip a 12 stair. No major lasting damage, but after a long history of knee and ankle injuries (and a number of broken bones), I decided to stop. I also wanted to focus on school (also had a girlfriend, which did not help lol).

I miss it a great deal, and still go out in my drive way and mess around a bit. I can still do a lot of the flip tricks I did back in the day, which I am surprised as I have not really skated in 6 years.

I actually came across a VHS tape of me an a buddy skating (I was probably 15). It is actually quite well done for the time. I am going to try and transfer it to my PC and upload it to youtube... so I might post a link back here in a few days.

EDIT: My online name "Brokenkingpin" actually came from my skateboarding days. I had a habit of breaking the kingpin on the trucks of my skateboards, so it sort of stuck.

JayKay3OOO
February 5th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Sweet video, but that song is getting so irritating, everyone uses it. It's getting like that 009 sound system 'with a spirit' song that everyone started using.

I used to roller skate a bit and could never get the hang of skateboards. I was tempted to get into it recently, but I mountain bike a lot instead and even though I nearly killed myself doing it I'll still be out there once I'm better. I love to ski and would love to get into snowboarding as that's kinda similar.

Time, time and money. I'm buying a new mountain bike in a few months so these other adventure have to wait.

Age and family is no excuse to stop doing something you enjoy. It just becomes harder to fit it all in.

Peripheral Visionary
February 5th, 2013, 11:55 PM
I rollerskate. I even get paid to do it after school at a fast food place where we deliver your order to your car on skates. Not much fun in really cold weather in that little uniform though, but if ice skaters can do it wearing even less, I guess I can't complain.

lisati
February 5th, 2013, 11:59 PM
I'm beginning to feel old, remembering how rollerskating was fashionable for a while back in the mid 1960s, and skateboarding in the 1970s.

Dry Lips
February 6th, 2013, 12:07 AM
I rollerskate. I even get paid to do it after school at a fast food place where we deliver your order to your car on skates. Not much fun in really cold weather in that little uniform though, but if ice skaters can do it wearing even less, I guess I can't complain.

:shock: I thought that's stuff you only see in movies. I really hope the pay is good.

MG&TL
February 6th, 2013, 12:12 AM
I probably would be, were I physically able. Don't get me wrong, I can ice-skate, so my balance isn't terrible, but boards of any kind stump me entirely.

But it looks like a lot of fun, although there were a couple of very close shaves!

forrestcupp
February 6th, 2013, 06:55 PM
That video is crazy. I'd hate to be one of the cars coming from the other direction with that idiot so close to the wrong side.

It's still pretty awesome, though.