PDA

View Full Version : making an i386 GNU Cross Compiler?

Jamie_Edwards
February 3rd, 2013, 05:39 PM
Hi guys,

I've been trying to Google how to make an i386 cross compiler in Ubuntu and have managed to find one here (http://wiki.osdev.org/GCC_Cross-Compiler_on_Debian_Linux), only problem is that the header says

For some reason the repositories are currently broken. I'm trying to figure out why. JackScott 05:42, 20 July 2010 (UTC)

That means the instructions provided on it hasn't worked for the last three years. So I've come here to ask if anyone has any way of making a GNU Cross Compiler for i386 ( but on a x86_64 system )?

Thanks.

Jamie.

Bachstelze
February 3rd, 2013, 05:56 PM
Use the -m32 flag of gcc to compile i386 programs on an amd64 system. If that's not what you want to do, please elaborate.

Jamie_Edwards
February 3rd, 2013, 06:32 PM
Use the -m32 flag of gcc to compile i386 programs on an amd64 system. If that's not what you want to do, please elaborate.

I'm already using -m32, I want to try and port gcc over to my o.s and they're saying in the wiki that I need to have a cross compiler to achieve that.

Bachstelze
February 3rd, 2013, 06:36 PM
I'm already using -m32, I want to try and port gcc over to my o.s and they're saying in the wiki that I need to have a cross compiler to achieve that.

Then the link you posted will not help you. You need to have a C compiler for "your OS", whatever that is.