PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to install Skype, IDM, Outlook Express for email in Ubuntu 12.4

Asif Javed
February 3rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Dear All,

I am new Ubuntu user and totally savvy of Ubuntu. Yesterday I had downloaded Ubuntu 12.4 Desktop (64-Bits) from this website and have successfully installed it.

I don't know how to install Software like Skpe, IDM, and outlook express for email servers.

My system is HP 2370M Core i3. Can anybody please help me details. I am very tense at the moment because of unawareness of Ubuntu. :(

howefield
February 3rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
If you enable the Partner repositories in your software sources, you will be able to install skype.

Open the Ubuntu Software Centre and from the Edit menu, select Software Sources, go into the "Other Software" tab, and check the Partner repository. After reloading the sources, you will be able to install skype.

Thunderbird is already included in Ubuntu, would this substitute for outlook express for you ?

IDM, what's that ? A download manager, plenty of addons available for firefox, eg, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/