PDA

View Full Version : Nextel phones. Have any questions ?

weasel fierce
July 8th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Allright, I know jack all about programming, but I want to give a bit back to the community, for helping me out. On the off chance that you have a nextel (or, to some extent, Sprint) cellphone, and you have questions about charges, plans, policies or suchlikes, I'd be happy to answer them, since I've worked customer care for a long time.

Please dont ask anything stupid. I wont access your account or otherwise perform anything illegal or even faintly questionable.

But if you do have a question, I'd be happy to help you out.

ComplexNumber
July 8th, 2006, 03:23 AM
what is the branding like on nextel phones? do they over-brand it or is it minimal? over in britain, its moving towards making the user interface on phones to be network specific rather than manufacturer specific (eg motorola, SE, etc). is it the same with nextel and other american neworks?

briancurtin
July 8th, 2006, 03:35 AM
im glad i left nextel

the funny thing was, when i left, a lady called me asking why i left my contract and i said why...including the fact that i did not use the 2-way feature at all ever. she offered me a deal on keeping the phone solely for 2-way use at a lower rate. apparently she didnt get it.

weasel fierce
July 8th, 2006, 03:36 AM
yeah, pricing has always been an issue.

Its levelled out now, after the Sprint merge, but if you dont use two-way, there's not really any point in paying for a nextel.

ComplexNumber
July 8th, 2006, 03:48 AM
weasel fierce
did you understand the question?

briancurtin
July 8th, 2006, 03:49 AM
yeah, pricing has always been an issue.

Its levelled out now, after the Sprint merge, but if you dont use two-way, there's not really any point in paying for a nextel.
exactly. of course i bought into it at the end summer before my first year of college, when a few friends from home had nextel. then i went off to college where no one had it and it was much too expensive to keep going with.

weasel fierce
July 8th, 2006, 04:04 AM
I havent had any experience with other Motorola phones, but I don't think there's any significant software differences. I know that Boost (prepaid nextels) have some changes in their menu options, but the general interface will be the same, with slight differences based on the particular company or provider.