PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Attached SCSI removable disk Problem

kushari
February 2nd, 2013, 12:13 AM
Hello everyone,

My friend recently built a computer using a p9x79LE motherboard using the x79 chipset. He built it for work that he does as a CSR from home. The Software provided by Arise (arise.com) is a modified version of ubuntu I think. It would not boot and always hung on Attached SCSI removable disk. I tried everything to fix it (updating bios, disabling features, you name it). It still didn't work. So he returned the parts and used another computer that the usb booted with. I was going to build a computer soon as well using the f2a85-v pro amd motherboard and was wondering if I might run into the same problems.

Here are some things i noticed while troubleshooting:
1.I know his computer would boot the current version of ubuntu, so maybe the arise usb is an older version?
2. I noticed there was a lot of posts about UEFI on here causing problems, could that be it?
3.UASP stands for USB attached SCSI protocol. So maybe that's something too?

Sorry for the random post, I just want to make sure that I can run this software before making my hardware purchase.

kushari
February 24th, 2013, 10:56 PM
bump?

kushari
February 24th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Sorry, I don't think you read the post. It's a live usb with corporate software on ubuntu.