PDA

View Full Version : Theme :-)

ThePainter
March 20th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Hi,

MY SITE (http://www.thepainter666.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/)

Sadly I am no longer with UBUNTU, I found Warty limited and Hoary worse, a lot of the modifications I thought were backward jumps.

Anyway Im still making wallpapers and other art so Ill keep dropping in to tell you of new stuff on my site.

Im now with Mepis 3.3 and it OK a lot of things are better than Ubuntu but a few things are worse !
I think I need a multi Linux boot to get by never mind an XP dual boot !

Mepis has KDE and a lot of the themes are very bright and I missed the (easy on the eye) Human theme so Ive made a KDE colour scheme and control bar bitmap based on the Human colour scheme.
It works fine in Mepis and I presume it will work in Ubuntu KDE so those (if there are any) who use Ubuntu KDE and like the Human theme might want to try it out.
Its on my free wallpaper link and downloads as a .tar so please go and give it a go.

Xian
March 21st, 2005, 02:57 AM
I like your artwork and hopefully you'll jump back on the ship soon. :)

TravisNewman
March 21st, 2005, 05:23 AM
got a screenshot?

ThePainter
March 21st, 2005, 09:53 AM
Hi,
No sorry, as it happens I decided to give Hoary another go last night because the only thing I cant get to work in Mepis is my 3D app Anim8or via wine, and it is the program I use the most in graphics.
Anyway the last two times I tried Hoary and ran the update it wouldnt boot up but it seems to work this time, there seems to be a kernel update, that must have fixed it,
Anyway I didnt get a screenshot before I left.

Another thing is that Gimp 2.2 had an update last night and now I cant save .png's, it just freezes at the "save as" dialog box and then shuts down, it works with .gif and .jpg.

Any more of you artists got this error ?

GentleHatemonger
March 21st, 2005, 10:04 PM
Yes, as a dabbling artist, I have had this problem. I was able to save a default 640x480 White Background, then I shrunk it and did what I wanted to that way - very annoying. In some ways, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

ThePainter
March 22nd, 2005, 08:04 AM
Hi,
Well Ive gone back to warty now and everything works great again.

I dont know why they have to try and fix what isnt broken ?

Paul Sinnett
March 22nd, 2005, 08:49 AM
Another thing is that Gimp 2.2 had an update last night and now I cant save .png's, it just freezes at the "save as" dialog box and then shuts down, it works with .gif and .jpg.

Any more of you artists got this error ?

I had this error a while back. It was due to my swap partition not getting mounted and to Gimp taking all the available memory when doing something with a big image.

kuleali
April 13th, 2005, 04:06 PM
nice :)