PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon Expo Problem

jimijames
January 29th, 2013, 06:38 PM
So, I don't have the option of accessing any expo settings, and my desktop only has two workspaces, without the ability to add more.

Does anybody know what packages are required for these features to work? I'm pretty sure I have the packages, as I noticed the behavior using a previous version of cinnamon (1.4 maybe?) after right clicking one of the perimeter bars and selecting "close" or something to that effect. I was unable to discover what it was that I had done, but after this Cinnamon would no longer add a workspace when I opened up an application in the existing workspace.

I'm basically asking which packages are used by cinnamon for managing workspaces.

I know this isn't very technical, but I'm still a newb at this. Thanks for any help.

Viper00
January 31st, 2013, 09:04 AM
Hmm if you have workspaces you should have all of the packages. In Cinnamon workspaces work differently then Gnome-shell. When in expo view there will be a button on the far right (it will have a "+" on it), just click it to add more workspaces. To close one just hover over a workspace and click on the "X" on the top right of the workspace. You can also change expo view to be viewed as a grid in Cinnamon Settings under Workspaces.

Sorry if I'm not being clear enough, It's kind of hard to explain. :p

Hopes this helps.